Six Arlington Elementary schools are top earners for the school year in the Harris Teeter “Together in Education” program, the grocery store chain announced on Wednesday. Barcroft Elementary School took top honors for the chain at $23,367.73 for the year.
The program ties a customer’s “VIC” customer service card to a particular school. Purchases in the store’s pharmacy or of Harris Teeter brand items earn money for the school. Collectively, the top Arlington schools earned just over $76,000.
The money can be used however the schools wish.
Headquartered in Matthews, N.C., Harris Teeter has 200 stores in eight states and the District of Columbia and employs about $25,000 people, their website says.
Top Earning Schools 2011/2012 School Year:
- Barcroft Elementary in Arlington, Va. - $23,367.73
- Grimsley Senior High, Choral Program in Greensboro, N.C. - $14,958.67
- Page High School in Greensboro, N.C. - $13,340.10
- Drew Model Elementary School in Arlington, Va. - $13,014.01
- Arlington Science and Focus School in Arlington, Va. - $11,663.46
- Abington Elementary in Arlington, Va. - $9,920.96
- Kate Waller Barrett Elementary in Arlington, Va. - $9.571.36
- Randolph Elementary in Charlotte, N.C. - $9,203.25
- East Mecklenburg Band Boosters in Charlotte, N.C. - $8,933.88
- Hoffman-Boston Elementary in Arlington, Va. - $8,646.37