Image: National Weather Service
Here's a quick, round-the-horn weather coverage of local sites.
Updated 10:11 a.m., even POTUS is staying in town:
The President will no longer travel to Green Bay, WI tomorrow for a campaign event, so that he can stay in Washington, DC on Tuesday and closely monitor the impact of and response to Hurricane Sandy. As he said at FEMA HQ yesterday, the President has instructed his team to make sure that needed federal resources are in place to support state and local recovery efforts. Additional details about the President's schedule will be announced as soon as they are available. --White House
Arlington County Government Offices are closed.
- Also, they are asking people to get to a safe location and stay there.
- Monday & Tuesday trash and recycling services are delayed until Wednesday. Bring your trash carts and recycling bins into your house/garage; do not leave them outside, as they could become airborne and dangerous.
- For details on County cancellations, visit the County website, www.arlingtonva.us .
- Emergency Winter Shelter is open 24/7.
- If you have a life-threatening emergency, always call 9-1-1. The non-emergency number (for the Emergency Communications Center) is 703-558-2222.
From the National Weather Service at 8:32 a.m. Oct. 29:
- Today Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. High near 53. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 28 mph increasing to 29 to 34 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 39. Very windy, with a northwest wind 39 to 45 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 2 and 3 inches possible.
- Tuesday Showers. High near 50. Very windy, with a west wind 41 to 44 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 41. Windy, with a south wind 23 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Southwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55.