ARLINGTON, Va. – The Arlington County Police Department will close a number of roads on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, for the Independence Day holiday. Listed below are the streets affected and the times they will be closed:
6:00 AM to Midnight:
- Memorial Bridge / Memorial Circle
2:00 PM to Midnight:
- Eastbound Washington Boulevard between I-395 (exit 8B) and Memorial Bridge
- N. Meade Street from Marshall Drive to Route 50 (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
- Marshall Drive from Route 110 to N. Meade Street
- Eastbound N. Fairfax Drive from N. Pierce Street to N. Fort Myer Drive
- Exit ramp from westbound Route 50 to N. Lynn Street (Rosslyn exit)
5:00 PM to Midnight:
- Long Bridge Drive from Boundary Channel Drive to S. 10th Street (access to Long Bridge Park via shuttle buses from Pentagon City and Crystal City Metro stops).
7:00 PM to Midnight:
- Eastbound Rt. 50 at N. Pershing Drive (detour using Washington Boulevard)
- Columbia Pike between S. Orme Street and the Pentagon
- S. Joyce Street from Army Navy Drive to Columbia Pike
- Ramp from westbound Washington Boulevard to eastbound Columbia Pike
- Ramp from westbound Washington Boulevard to westbound Columbia Pike
8:30 PM to Midnight:
- Ft. Myer Drive from Wilson Boulevard to the Meade Street bridge (access to the Ft. Myer Heights neighborhood will be from the Rhodes Street bridge)
Employees requiring access to the Pentagon should enter South Parking from Army Navy Drive or North Parking from Boundary Channel Drive.
Arlington County residents and visitors are also reminded that:
- Alcoholic beverages, grills, and fireworks are prohibited on county and federal park land during Independence Day events.
- Vendors will not be allowed in the area of the Iwo Jima Memorial.
- Coolers and backpacks will be subject to search.
Independence Day event attendees are strongly encouraged to use public transportation. The Rosslyn Metro stop on the Orange Line is approximately 5 blocks north of the Iwo Jima Memorial. The Air Force Memorial is within walking distance of the Pentagon City Metro station. Long Bridge Park can be accessed via shuttles from the Pentagon City and Crystal City Metro stops.
Any questions about traffic or street closings should be directed to the Special Operations Section of the Arlington County Police Department, at 703-228-4141.