Beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, June 1, and continuing through system closing on Sunday, June 3, buses will replace Orange Line trains between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for testing associated with the Silver Line Metrorail extension.
The Orange Line trains will operate in two sections, according to METRO’s website. One section will run on a predominantly normal weekend schedule from West Falls Church to Vienna, the other from East Falls Church to New Carrollton. The bus connecting the two stations will add 20 minutes of travel time, the website says.
On Friday night, the last trains to operate through the area before work begins will be the 9:48 p.m. departure from Vienna, arriving at West Falls Church at 9:55 p.m. and East Falls Church at 9:58 p.m., and the 9:06 p.m. departure from New Carrollton, arriving at East Falls Church at 9:52 p.m. and West Falls Church at 9:55 p.m.
On Saturday, June 2, the Metrorail system will open two hours early (5 a.m.) for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Friday and Saturday, last trains eastbound:
- Depart Vienna 2:05 a.m., arriving at West Falls Church at 2:12 a.m.
- Depart East Falls Church at 2:35 a.m., stopping at Metro Center at 2:54 a.m. for connections to the Red Line.
Friday and Saturday, last trains westbound:
- Arrival at East Falls Church at 3:24 a.m.
- Depart West Falls Church to Vienna 3:44 a.m.
Sunday, last trains, eastbound:
- Depart Vienna 20 minutes earlier than normal, at 11:05 p.m.,
- Arrive West Falls Church at 11:12 p.m.
- Depart East Falls Church at 11:35 p.m., stopping at Metro Center at 11:54 p.m. for connections to the Red Line.
Sunday, last trains, westbound:
- Arrive East Falls Church at 12:24 a.m.
- Depart West Falls Church for Vienna at 12:44 a.m.